Thursday, October 9, 2008

LouSy aFt sALes sUppOrt sErviCe...

Wedding bands from Poh Heng. Time to send it for servicing as one of the little diamond came off. How could it has come off? Due to its lousy quality or for the reason being Dear is often involved in hands-on during his work. Anyway, main thing is to get it done.

Walk in and requested for a quote from Poh Heng regards to sending it for repair n servicing. Behaviour of sales rep. that made my blood boils as the seconds go by.

- Detailed screening of the ring using the so-called pro. magnifying tool.
- Giving me the doubtful look if the ring is from Poh Heng as he repetitively asked me more than thrice.
- Plugging a $75 figure from the 'air' w/o any reference when I requested for a quote, as he inspect the ring again and again with that magnifying tool.

As I kept thinking and fiery tots ran in my mind... 'Excuse me! Do you think I am so free to come to Poh Heng and claim that ring is your in-house ring if I am not sure of it? Itz a wedding band, and how can I not know where it is from? How many wedding band can one have?'

I questioned, 'Excuse me! So what if itz a Poh Heng or not a Poh Heng product? Can't you just provide me with a quote regards to the servicing required and that solves the problem? Why do you need to keep querying if the ring is from Poh Heng or not? What does that prove?'

Sales Rep, 'Erhmm... Is this ring from Poh Heng?' Having this question asked for more than thrice, as I stood there waiting for the quote.

Following Dear's comment, 'Itz alrite! U need to feedback to your mgmt in making sure that all Poh Heng products have the engraving of 'MADE BY POH HENG', so that u dun need to spend so much time checking if this ring is from Poh Heng! Itz such a waste of time here.'

Off we go after that wasteful 20mins spent standing there in the shop!
Solution - Sought help from another jewellery shop.

Itz definitely lousy service that I got from Poh Heng, in terms of the professionalism of that sales rep. Where about is the focus in customer satisfaction, especially in the retail industry?

So what if the ring is from Poh Heng? So what?

In any future jewellery purchases, I will definitely need to consider again and again whether to get from Poh Heng. It should be... 80-90% not considering Poh Heng for any future purchases!

* the Angry me!*

No comments: